Admission procedure for Nursing Courses in Punjab, India:-
Nursing courses are affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, Punjab Nurses Registration Council, Chandigarh and Punjab Government.
B.Sc. (Nursing) – Basic
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the corresponding year of admission.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of : Higher Secondary school certificate Examination (12 year course),
Senior Secondary school certificate Examination (10+2), Pre- degree Examination (10+2)
An equivalent qualification with 12years schooling from a recognized board or university with science (Physics, chemistry, biology) and English with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE)
- Candidate shall be Medically Fit.
Entrance/Selection test Selection of candidates should be based on the marit of the (PPMET) entrance examination held by University or competent authority
“The Brighter you are, The more you have to learn.”
Bachelor of Science (Nursing) – Post Basic
To be eligible for admission to this course, a candidate shall have:
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognised by the university for this purpose. Those who have passed 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A female nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
– O.T. Techniques
– Ophthalmic Nursing
– Leprosy Nursing
– TB Nursing – Psychiatric Nursing
– Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
– Community Health Nursing
– Cancer Nursing
– Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
“NURSE Just another word to describe a person strong enough to
tolerate everything and soft enough to understand everyone…”
Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY passing out from recognized Board.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination conducted by National Institute of Open School.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
“To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do,
in spite of all we go through; that is to be nurse.”
General Nursing and Midwifery
Eligibility Criteria (As per Indian Nursing Council)
- Students has to be medically fit.
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 years to 35 years respectively as on 30th September.
- Education Qualifications:-
- 10+2 class pass or its equivalent with 45% marks preferably with sciences subjects. (40% for SC/ST)
- All admissions shall be made on merit
- Applications should be sent to the Principal Malwa College of Nursing. On the prescribed form enclosed with the prospectus. It must accompany the following:
- Bank D.D. of requisite amount along with registration fee in favor of Malwa College of Nursing payable at Kotkapura.
- An attested copy of the matriculation certificate and 10+2 certificate.
- Character certificate from the principal of the last institute attended.
- Five copies of recent passport sized photographs.
- Medical fitness certificate got by the candidates at their own cost.
- Affidavit on stamped paper as per the specimens given on the back of admission form.
- Two self-addressed stamped envelopes of size 9*4 inches.
- Application should be submitted by hand at the reception counter of Malwa College of Nursing, Kotkapura. Incomplete applications/those received after late date shall be rejected.
Note :-*For final exam conducted by PNRC every year the students shall pay the required fees along with the examination forms. *Student is responsible for training fees. *Candidate is responsible for any examination fee.